• Welcome to Pasanita!
Happy New Year! May Your 2022 Be Bright.
Handling Class for Thurs. Jan. 20th will be taught by Terry Swanson. We hope to see you there!
Puppy Class is on schedule and will be taught by Gail Katz and Doug Brehm. See you there!
CD PREP CLASS
CD PREP CLASS
Taught by: Terry Grove
What Will Be Taught/Covered:
- How to perform Novice exercises in a ring setting: Prep for competing toward CD Title ✓ How to get on Premium List mailing lists and locate upcoming trials
- How to fill out an entry form
- Understanding the Judging Schedule and figuring your estimated time in the ring
- What you should wear at the trial
- Proper equipment and collars allowed (& not allowed) in the ring ✓ How to figure when to arrive at the trial grounds
- How to warm up and get ready to go in the ring
- Ring Choreography and Transitioning Between Exercises
- Keeping dog engaged in the ring
- Becoming a better handler
Dogs must have completed Pasanita’s Advanced Novice
The dog must know all of the AKC Novice exercises (Heel on/off leash, stand for exam, recall w/finish, 1 min sit & down)
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR CLASS:
- 6’ Leash needed for groups & a shorter leash for Heeling • Shoe lace or collar tab for off leash heeling
- Training Treats (not crunchy) & Tug Toy for motivation
- PAPER & PEN FOR NOTE TAKING
- Bring dog’s crate, water and chair to class
NEXT CLASS STARTS TBD
LOCATION: Brookside Park, Pasadena
6-week class for $110.00 ($100 for POC Active Members)